rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

My 2001 Chrysler 300 M stalls after running for about 10 to

Customer Question

My 2001 Chrysler 300 M stalls after running for about 10 to 15 minutes, when I have to slow down or make a turn. It does not stall in the first 10 minutes, after a cold start even if I have to slow down and make a turn.
I have taken it to a Chrysler dealer in Denmark where the car is now and at their advice have changed the ECU, TCU and three sensors: Throttle, Cam-Shaft and Cam.
The car still cuts off the engine when the RPM falls below 500. What else is wrong?
How many sensors are there in this model?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

They need to check the idle air control motor for being stuck closed. it may just need to be cleaned, but if it stills does it replace it if the scan tool shows it not to be working too. Scan data for the IAC is paramount right now.

the other thing is vacuum leaks and should be tested with a smoke machine on the intake.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Ron,
With 6 hours time difference between Denmark and East Coast USA, it is 3:30 pm here. i will take the car to my mechanic
tomorrow or the day after, according to his work load. I will soon let you know
By the way, my mechanic suggests to replace the MAP sensor also. will that help?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

It can if it's reading wrong.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you to see if you have any more questions.
Thanks, Ron