Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

My abs and brake light came on while driving, it's not on

Customer Question

My abs and brake light came on while driving, it's not on permanently but it's blinks periodically what's going on
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Both
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2005 Pacifica
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was able to make it home, I thought it needed brake fluid so I bought some turned out it didn't need it . But I haven't done anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it thanks
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. This is most likely a failing wheel speed sensor circuit. It may be the sensor itself, or a connector problem at one of the 4 wheel speed sensors. Do this: ask your auto parts store to connect their scan tool to the vehicle and check for any ABS codes. They will probably do this for free. Then you will know which wheel speed sensor is setting the code and turning on the light. Then have that sensor replaced.
I hope that this information is helpful and if so would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you!Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer. Please let me know if you did.

Thanks

Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

You are very welcome! Please don't forget to rate my service using the just answer star rating system. I will get no credit unless you do.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Thank you!

Chris