sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I lost one of my original keys to my 2008 PT Cruiser, VIN#

Customer Question

I lost one of my original keys to my 2008 PT Cruiser, VIN# ***** Looking to obtain Pin and Key Code for it.
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not fixing it, I just need a key programmed.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle ownership is verified in person to release a SKIM or key code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site feels comfortable posting it here.

The SKIM and key code will need to be obtained from a dealer. Without having a scan tool of your own I'm assuming you're trying to have a locksmith do the work. Either you or the locksmith will need to see a dealer with the vehicle's VIN and proof of ownership and as long as the dealer's internal security policy allows they will be able to give the codes.