George H.
George H., ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years

When removing the engine do you have to rotate the crank to

Customer Question

When removing the engine do you have to rotate the crank to a point were you can access the bolts that secure the torque converter and remove them
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  George H. replied 1 month ago.

Hello I will help,

Yes, you will need to remove the bolts connecting the torque converter to the flex plate. Use the crank bolt on the front of the engine to turn it so you can access them all.

Please let me know if you have further questions

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks I have read several post about taking the motor out the top.step by step and none of them mentioned taking the torque converter bolts out they mentioned nothing of them anyway my biggest problem is the motor and trying to take out it's locked up solid do I have any other options besides taking the oil pan off and sawing the crank into
Expert:  George H. replied 1 month ago.

if the engine is locked you will need to remove the trans and engine as a unit out the bottom. Have you removed the spark plugs to see if the engine will turn then?