Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ years experience as automotive store manager and technician.
3195632

My throttle signal came on what does that mean, 2008

Customer Question

My throttle signal came on what does that mean
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2008 chrysler Aspen
JA: Are you fixing your Aspen yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet it just came on I'm not sure what wrong
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also my engine light came on to
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: Not yet
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Ok, the throttle warning light and check engine light come on in conjunction with each other when a fault is detected in the electronic throttle control system which consists of the APP(accelerator pedal position) sensor on the gas pedal, the PCM(powertrain control module), the electronic throttle body and the wiring harness between each.

Yours is a fly by wire system in which a voltage signal is registered by the APP sensor when you press the gas pedal and that signal is sent to the PCM and then the electronic throttle body. This takes the place of the traditional throttle cable connecting the gas pedal to the throttle body.

If not diagnosed and corrected, a fault in the system can lead to no response when pushing the gas pedal to the throttle body staying in wide open mode where you cant slow the vehicle down.

The only way to know which of the abovementioned components in the fly by wire system is at fault is to have the system scanned for fault codes and then do the required diagnostics and repair

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?