K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

Just had rebuilt engine put in 2003 PT Cruiser after about a

Customer Question

just had rebuilt engine put in 2003 PT Cruiser after about a day getting ERROR CODE 522 and ERROR CODE 300 did they overlook something?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: I say rebuilt engine but it uas actually used engine which had 120 K original had 216K would they have taken the sensor off my old engiine? got error codes from ignition switch 3 times trick
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had the work done at a junk yard and with a 30 day warranty (only had it back 3 days) tring to figure out if it would be something they should have replaced
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: oil levels seem fine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 month ago.

Hello, the Po522 code is due to the oil pressure sensor reading low voltage. Since you didnt mention any engine noise the oil presure should be ok and it's just a bad sensor or it's not plugged up.

PO300 is for random misfire. Most often when this happens after an engine swap it's due to a vacuum leak. Either a line is cracked or not connected and could possibly be a bad intake gasket on the used motor.

I would take it back and have them fix the issues since you've got a 30 day warranty.