Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I was talking with, a Chrysler tech but he has not answered

Customer Question

I was talking with Tom, a Chrysler tech but he has not answered me for a while..I did what he told me and disconnected the battery and my 2008 Chrysler Sebring hardtop convertible lowered for me. I raised and lowered it several times and it seemed to work fine. I took it for a drive and was gone a couple of hours. When I returned and tried to put the top up, the message center now says "convertible top malfunction" and the top will not raise. I am hoping it does not rain tonite. Is there anything I can do to get the top to raise?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you out.

Have you tried the battery disconnect/reconnect again?

Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Ok. Well it will need to get to the dealer and have a scan tool connected to see why it will not go up. May be a switch or pump or module. But maybe you can slowly manually raise it. Click on the link below to see information rgarding access to the pump motor. Then turn the valve on the pump counter clockwise 2 turns. Then with the help of an assistant, slowly raise the top up so at laest it will not get wet if it rains.

Here is the link:

Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

I hope this information helps, and if so would you take a minute and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me if you have any follow up questions.

Thank you!

Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately the link you sent me will only work if the top is up. There is no way to open the panel where the spare tire is if the top is folded into the trunk area because the panel is under the folded top in the trunk. My top is stuck down, so I cannot get to the spare tire panel.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is 10:30 PM here and there is not enough light to try anything and I have no assistant. All I can do is hope it doesn't rain.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Oh right. Hmmm, see if you can SLOWLY lift the top without turning the valve. Have someone help you.

Chris