Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager

My 300m has been running hot every since adding refrigerant

Customer Question

my 300m has been running hot every since adding refrigerant to my air conditioner it doesn't matter if I have the air conditioner on or not. What could be the problem
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: I have checked the coolant and all levels are good
JA: What year is your 300M?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your 300M yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The water pump has been recently replaced
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

They are sometimes bad about the radiators clogging up and causing an overheating. You can have that tested at a radiator shop or feel around the core when the engine is hot to see if there are any cool spots that would indicate a clog.

Also, the thermostat may have just gone bad. You will want to check that as well, thanks

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****