Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

The remote start feature says invalid key and fob, I have

Customer Question

The remote start feature says invalid key and fob
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: I have two fobs, not sure which one to check I have a code alarm system
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2004 chrysler pacifica
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying ti fix it myself I have tried holding the button under the dash for a few I have tried placing the key into the ignition and pressing buttons on the remote
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that is all
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I only get this when trying to use the remote start feature, The key works when I place it in the ignition and start the car. Also remote start works while the key is in the ignition.
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you out. Do you have another key to try?

Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, I only have one key for the car, I have to purchase another key for the car.
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Ok, well what I recommend is for you to ask the dealer or a lock smith to check and reprogram the key and see if that helps. If not, then the key will need to be replaced.

Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The key/fob combo or the code alarm fob
Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

The key fob combo.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply. Let me know. If my answer has been helpful , would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 8 months ago.

I hope that my answer/ information was helpful and if so would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. If you need further assistance, I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!

Chris