Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I hAVE BEEN HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY 2006 CHRYSLER PACIFICA.

Customer Question

I hAVE BEEN HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY 2006 CHRYSLER PACIFICA. WHEN I PUT THE VEHICLE IN DRIVE, IT LABOURS TO MOVE FORWARD, BUT AFTER REVVING THE ENGINE FOR A FEW SECONDS, THE VEHICLE JOLTS AND THEN MOVES. MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR A WHILE. SINCE MY VEHICLE IS IN A TROPICAL COUNTRY, THE MECHANIC REMOVED THE THERMOSTAT SO I HAVE BEEN RUNNING WITHOUT ONE FOR A WHILE. LAST EVENING I CONNECTED MY CarMD ON MY VEHICLE AND GOT THE FOLLOWING CODES FOR WHICH I NEED SOME GUIDANCE AS TO WHAT MAY BE WRONG AND WHAT NEED CHANGING. ( P0300, P0128, P0420, P0457, P0455, P0456, P0304, P0700, P0562, P0732, P0846)
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, allow me some time to look up some info on your vehicle. thanks.

P0300 & P0304 indicates a misfire on cylinder #4

P0455.P0456,P0457 All three of these codes are pointing to a "leak" in the EVAP (emissions control/recovery) System. One is "small leak", another is "large leak" and the last is "Loose Fuel Cap" - so first things first, check the fuel cap and make sure it is tight. Even putting fuel in the vehicle while it is running can set all these codes at the same time. Inspect the underside of the cap for any defects that may cause the cap not to seal correctly. Inspect the fuel filler neck for any defects as well. If there is any doubt in the fuel cap- replace it. Keep in mind, you will need a cap that meets OE Specs. Those "universal" or "locking" fuel caps sold at after market parts stores do not meet OE specs, and will not seal the system correctly. If the cap is known good, then the next best course of action is to have the EVAP system "smoked". This is where a machine forces smoke through the system, and the "leak" will reveal itself. If the smoke test reveals no leaks, then a very common fail item that can set all three codes at the same time is the Purge Solenoid. The vacuum lines to/from the solenoid should be inspected for cracks/holes or loose/missing connections. If the visual inspection checks ok, the solenoid should be tested for proper operation, and replaced if necessary.

P0128 this code is almost always set due to a faulty thermostat that is sticking open and not allowing temperature to reach the proper operating temperature

P0420 catalyst efficiency code for bank one that is almost always caused by a bad catalytic converter, while an oxygen sensor failure on the upstream or downstream side of bank one catalytic converter could in theory cause this code it is almost impossible. You need to replace the bank one catalytic converter and the bank one upstream oxygen sensor, make sure you use a dealer part for the oxygen sensor

P0732 Possible causes - Low transmission fluid level - Dirty transmission fluid - Faulty Shift Solenoids - Shift Solenoids harness is open or shorted - Shift Solenoids circuit poor electrical connection - Transmission mechanical problems - Transmission hydraulic control circuit

P0562 Possible causes - Low battery charge - Battery defective - Loose or missing alternator drive belt - Faulty alternator - Open or short system voltage circuit

P0846 Possible causes - 2/4 Pressure Switch harness is open or shorted - 2/4 Pressure Switch circuit poor electrical connection - Faulty 2/4 Pressure Switch - Internal transmission damage - Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM) - Faulty Transmission Control Module (TCM)

checking in to see how its going