Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.

Passenger side sliding door wont open, Manuel or auto. 2005

Customer Question

passenger side sliding door wont open, Manuel or auto.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2005 town and country
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ok, good question.we have removed all the interior trim. took out what I think is the lock acuator. removed the hinge botom front.there appears to be 2 cables that go to some arm where I cant see. one cable is not connected the other comes from the outside door handle and the cable pulls the lever that it is connected to. I also can get my hand in to pull the same lever. pushed hard on the door, used flat bar kicked but the latch wont release.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can see the white piece that is holding the door onto the keeper. but I cant pry it open . not enough room and I think there is a secondary lock to keep it from being forced open
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have enclosed the test steps in the link below for checking the sliding door. I have also enclosed the wiring diagram for testing reference in the second link. Take a look and see if this will help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the latch does not open as indicated in my original status. I tried to pry it open but I think there is a secondary lock mechanism. I tried the drivers side to open the latch since I could get to it and simulate the latch being closed. I could not force the latch open. I realize that the latch should release with the door handle manually. it releases on the drivers side but not on the passengers side. not enough room to get tools into remove the keeper. The dealer says that when they run into this problem they kick the door open. we tried, no good. I don't think so since the latch seems to have to be open, at least partially. waiting your answer. Thanks.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately I have sent all the information I have on this, with out being there to check this I dont think I can fix it . I will open the post back up for you and perhaps someone else may have something new to add.