Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.

The code300-202, the idle is not working properly I had to

Customer Question

the code###-##-####300-202
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: the idle is not working properly I had to have it towed to the mechanic because it would die on me after I put the gas
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2005 Chrysler 300 HEMI
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was just talking to one
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In order for the engine to start and stay running you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injector and proper fuel pressure. If you can have your mechanic start with checking each one of these thing and post back with the result as well as running a systems scan to see if there are any fault codes setting I will see if I can help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My mechanic gets two codes P1521 and P 0300. I have a 300 Chrysler Hemi. I was on empty and stopped at chevron to get gas. It would Idle and then drop so I had to tow my baby to the mechanic :(
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My mechanic looked at it and is trying to figure what is wrong. He thinks maybe something electrical that is preventing it from starting there is a piece he showed me but up front a box like thing but I don't know the name.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

The code P0300 means the computer saw a random engine misfire . The code P1521 in most cases set due to a failing engine oil pressure sensor. Start with making sure the engine has the correct oil in it and the pressure is okay and if so, replacing the oil pressure sender will usually resolve this concern.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But the car would idle then all of sudden drop. With a weird loud idle.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Neither one of these code should affect the engine idle speed , that being said I would have them address the code P1521 first and see if doing so clears the stalling concern.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if the oil was correct would the mechanic have to replace the oil pressure sender? How could he test it?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Yes, if the oil checks okay then he would check it by removing the old sending unit and installing a manual gauge to verify you have good oil pressure and if that checks okay then the sending unit would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The mechanic said he will check on the oil pressure switch and if it is not that then he wants me to call dealership to see about the electric accelerator system.Does that sound correct?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

That would be the correct steps .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where is the oil pressure sensor located in a 300 Chrysler Hemi 2005
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

See its location in the link below.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I cannot open the link
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Are you behind a firewall? If so then you need to try a different computer. Its just a standard PDF file.