sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2009 Aspen and the back hatch seems to not want to

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Aspen and the back hatch seems to not want to stay up. When I use either three methods the keyfob, the back hatch door button or the button on the roof of front of the truck, the door will automatically go up but once it gets to open position it goes back down again without being able to open it. Any suggestions on what is wrong and what could be done?.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The liftgate struts are responsible for holding the liftgate up, and should take the weight of the liftgate once it reaches about the half way point when opening. If it falls after opening it's due to weak struts, the struts will need to be replaced.