Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

I have a 2005 chysler 300 5.7 v8. Abs and esp light come on

Customer Question

I have a 2005 chysler 300 5.7 v8. Abs and esp light come on when vehicle is started. Also the service park assist message pops up on the dash. Cruise control and autostick work when you first start vehicle. After you put vehicle in drive, the brake light also lights up within the first 20 ft of driving and the car goes in limp mode. No Cruise control and autostick quits working and vehicle won't shift out of first gear. Vehicle is pulling up bad rear speed sensor codes. I replaced both but vehicle is still the same. Do I need to replace the tone rings also? Or what else could it be?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

1- is you battery good , 12 volts have you checked ?

2- the problem most likely the abs module not the sensor , but usually it will set u0121 ,

3- what kind of scanner are you using ?

4-what is the mileage ?

have you tried unplugging the abs module connector and check it for backed out pins or burned spots .spray electrical contact cleaner between the plug and the abs module

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had it scanned at a shop, don't know what kind of scanner. Brand new battery replaced in it from sitting for a month. Problem started after replacing battery. Transmission was fine before. 118,000 miles
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Two people scanned it and got the same code. Could it be the tone rings?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have not unplugged abs module. Only replaced sensors/harnesses to both rear wheels

it is rare the tone rings to be honest with you .unless damaged has happened , you can inspect the tone rings if broken visulay

have you tried this on it ,since the battery replacement

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

if that dont work go to the abs module and sure inspect the tone rings but what the chances both go at same time in rear

Let me know if you need anything else on it , just reply back here & we can continue.

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat
ASE Certified Tedchnician

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me try master reset in the next ten minutes. Where is the absolute module located? I will rate positive immediately after!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Abs module...not absolute

Abs module right sight engine compartment , i sent you a diagram

Thank You

Chad Farhat