Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

Yesterday afternoon I stopped at a gas station to fill the

Customer Question

Yesterday afternoon I stopped at a gas station to fill the gas tank in my 96 Eagle Vision 350 Eng. (Chrysler) with fuel injection, and right after that I have not been able to start it. The battery/starter turns the engine over normally, but will not start. Before the refueling the car was running fine.
Is there a chance that these cars might have an overflowing fueling system problem, that will not clear up by itself as it used to be with the old carburetors?
I will be anxious to hear your recommendation. Thanks, Andres.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

When you first turn the key to run, the check engine light should come on as well as the security light, if equipped and also the fuel pump run for a few seconds, then the check engine light and security light should go out after 10 seconds or so.

So, my first question is, does the fuel pump run when you first turn the key to run, before you turn the key to start? If it doesn't run, do those check engine and security lights come on and then go out or do any stay on or flash?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Mike,
Following your instructions, when I turn on the ignition switch the lights on the dashboard will turn on for a few seconds and then go off no flushing, I do not hear any sound of the electric fuel pump.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

Ok, do you know where your fuse boxes are located, specifically the fusel pump fuse?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

This isn't a 350 cid engine, it's a 3.5l or 3500.

The fuel pump fuse should be fuse B and a fuse 12.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You are right, 3.5 engine. I was wrong also about the car model, it's a 1994 not a 1996.
The car is parked about 80 ft. from the house, you will not be able to hear the engine cranking. I'm going to see the fuse box
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

Wo, I looked it up for a 1993. That is what was in the year description.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

Fuse 12 or f12 should be in the junction box, located behind the left side of the dash.

That fuse B is, excuse me now it's a fuse A is located in the power distribution center, under the hood in front of the left strut tower.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Mike, it's difficult for me to bend my back. I removed the fuse box cover but cannot read the fuse cluster numbers. I need to get some one help me here. Please tell me what I owe you.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

Wait until you get this fixed before you owe me anything. There are 2 fuse boxes you should be checking fuses in, which did you access? it sounds like the fuse box on the left side of the dash, is that correct?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

Don't you have your owners manual?

Do you have a camera or cellphone with camera?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

Here is a diagram of that Fuse Panel Identification showing where fuse 12 is on the left side of the dash.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 8 months ago.

Did you get them 2 fuses checked yet?