Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have an 03 van it started acting up then the code reader

Customer Question

I have an 03 van it started acting up then the code reader said #1 injector so we changed it now white smoke is pouring out of tail pipe smells like pure gas no sweet smell . not over heating at all .***@******.***
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.

what was the EXACT code you retrieved?

and is the white smoke there with the injector UNPLUGGED as well?

the white smoke is raw fuel (most likely) caused by an injector being held constantly open or stuck open

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't rember the code but we replaced the #1 injector its new started it and smoke started.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I wish I could afford to take it strait to a pro but I have my sons doing it its the only transport for handicapped daughters.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
dad is usually my expert but he's on motorcycle run in California
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.

does it have any codes NOW?

unplug the injector and see if the smoke clears IF it does there is a wiring problem OR failed computer if NOT the injector is defective

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Son is going to run codes again and try what you said as soon as he is done I'll let you know
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
With van running injector unplugged codes are p0123 and p1193 . with car off and injector still unplugged codes are p0202, p0201, and p0123. He's now hooking up injector and going to run codes again . still smokes while injector is unhooked.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
far have replaced #1 injector and throttle sensor
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.

if it still smokes with the injector unplugged and it DIDN"T smoke before you replaced the injector the injector you purchased is defective

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My son is going to go get a new injector tomorrow after work if we need help again will you be available and is the cost the same to speak to you again because I think god sent me to you dad usually is my go to and his name is ***** ***** Snapp so bill too.
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.

all the experts are independent contractors so YES i will be available BUT remember you MUST REPLY TO THIS THREAD if you DO NOT and open a new question you will get another expert and be charged again.

please also remember i work full time as a chrysler tech at a dealer so there is a chance i MAY be working when you reply and cannot reply back quickly, i am on the east coast and there also may be a time difference

once you're satisfied with my service i will ask for a rating once you rate i will be paid for my time, i usually don't ask for ratings until the question has run it's course and my pay comes out of the fee you paid already the expert splits the fee with the site

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Totally a triple AAA rating god bless you .
Expert:  bill replied 6 months ago.

not asking yet lets see if we can get this van running right first