Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

2008 Town a& country limited edition 4. liter engine .... no

Customer Question

2008 Town a& country limited edition 4. liter engine .... no low beam lights all other lights (hi beam, turn signals) work
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: I started looking for the fuse for the headlights first since they both stopped working at the same time the owners manual is little help in finding the low beam fuses
JA: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am trying to locate the fuse for the low beam lights
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that about it
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

The headlamp share the same power supply from the TIPM (under hood fuse panel) and if the high beams are working and bulbs check okay then you may have a problem with the TIPM. Are you able to scan the system and see if there are any B codes setting in the TIMP

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No don't have a scanner
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Okay have you checked to be sure the bulbs are okay?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Took one out appear to be ok at $99 each they should be��
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Okay one thing you can try is to reboot the TPMI, to do this disconnect both battery cables and touch them together for a few seconds . After doing this reconnect the cable and retry the light operation. If they work now your good to go, if not then you are going to need to do some testing. I can send you the steps if needed. Try the reboot and let me know and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No go
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Okay is there any way you can get the TIPM scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting as there should be with both light out?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will have to go to mechanic shop for that
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Well with out know the codes its really a guessing game . I suspect your going to find the TPMI is the cause but testing needs to be done to verify if in fact that is the case.