Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Want to program ne key fob, Bought 2blanks, 2008 town and

Customer Question

Want to program ne key fob
JA: Did the fob come with the vehicle, or did you buy a blank?
Customer: Bought 2blanks
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2008 town and country
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to program new key fobs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 3 months ago.

.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
You will need ONE Master Key FOB to Program others.
IF you do NOT have a Master Key FOB, then Dealer must Program with Scan Tool
Here is Customer Programming with "ONE" Master Key FOB
.

"CUSTOMER LEARN" MODE

This feature is only available on domestic vehicles or those which have a U.S. country code designator. This procedure requires access to at least two valid Sentry Keys. If two valid Sentry Keys are not available, Sentry Key programming will require the use of a scan tool.

The steps required to program Sentry Keys with two valid Sentry Keys follows:

1.Obtain the blank Sentry Key(s) that need to be programmed. Cut the keys to match the ignition lock cylinder mechanical key codes.
2.Insert one of the two valid Sentry Keys into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
3.After the ignition switch has been in the ON position for longer than three seconds, but no more than fifteen seconds, cycle the ignition switch back to the OFF position. Replace the first valid Sentry Key in the ignition lock cylinder with the second valid Sentry Key and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position. The second valid Sentry Key must be inserted within 15 seconds of removing the first valid Sentry key.
4.About ten seconds after the completion , the indicator light will start to flash and a single audible chime tone will sound to indicate that the system has entered the "Customer Learn" programming mode.
5.Within sixty seconds of entering the "Customer Learn" programming mode, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, replace the valid Sentry Key with a blank Sentry Key transponder, and turn the ignition switch back to the ON position.
6.About ten seconds after the completion , a single audible chime tone will sound and the indicator light will stop flashing and stay on solid for three seconds and then turn off to indicate that the blank FOBIK key has been successfully programmed. The WIN will immediately exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode and the vehicle may be started using the newly programmed Sentry Key.

NOTE: The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE/FOBIK) Transmitter will also be programmed during this procedure.

These steps must be completed in their entirety for each additional Sentry Key to be programmed. If any of the above steps are not completed in the given sequence, or within the allotted time, the WIN will exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode and the programming will be unsuccessful. The WIN will also automatically exit the "Customer Learn" programming mode if:

•It sees a non-blank Sentry Key when it should see a blank.
•If it has already programmed four (4) valid Sentry Keys.
•If the ignition switch is turned to the OFF position for more than about fifty (50) seconds.

NOTE: If you attempt to start the vehicle while in "Customer Learn" mode (LED flashing), the vehicle will behave as though an invalid key is being used (i.e. the engine will stall after two (2) seconds of running). No faults will be logged.

NOTE: Once a Sentry Key has been programmed to a particular vehicle, it cannot be used on any other vehicle.

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
The way it works:
Once an answer is given, "you" as the customer, are expected to "RATE" the answer as you agreed to do.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

hello?

.

Did you need more info?
Please respond or rate my answer, as I did provide the info you requested

thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tried your method did not work