Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I am finally getting the ignition switch installed in my

Customer Question

I am finally getting the ignition switch installed in my 1989 Chrysler Lebaron. I need to get a complete parts blow up of the steering assembly to make sure that I am going back the right way as I have not worked on it for 3 months. Also I need help on the retainer position to hold the tension spring down.Also - I have a broken plastic slider piece that runs the headlight dimmer from the turn signal stalk. I need to know where I can get a replacement and also how it should go in.Thanks you
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases on an older model like this here you may need to obtain the missing pieces or damaged pieces from a local salvage yard or an online site of salvage yards like http://www.car-part.com.

Here is a link to a blow up picture of this models column.If this does not fit your model let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixd8pjd3m1yvmiu/ti-09-06.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete