sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I'm trying to find out what the output temperature range

Customer Question

I'm trying to find out what the output temperature range should be for my 2003 PT Cruiser. The lowest temperature I get coming out of the front vents is 70 degrees. The engine temperature is normal. My Toyota puts out 55 degrees almost immediately. I've had the compressor replace and the system located under the dashboard completely replace but still cannot get the AC output temperature below 70 degrees. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?
Customer: 42,000 miles and the coolant level is normal. The engine running temperature is normal.
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a PT Cruiser 2003 and the work was done by the local Firestone Dealer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Vent temperature depends on ambient temperature and humidity. Vent temperatures should be checked with the windows closed, set to recirculation and the blower motor on a medium speed.

If you have a naturally aspirated engine at 70 degrees ambient temperature it calls for 29-42 degrees. At 80 ambient, 37-49. At 90 degrees ambient, 45-58, and 59-72 at 100 ambient.

If you have a turbo engine it calls for 43-60 degrees at 70 ambient, 52-69 at 80 degrees, 60-76 at 90 and 63-83 at 100 degrees ambient.