Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Just installed a new driver side door switch. Now all the

Customer Question

Hi just installed a new driver side door switch. Now all the doors work but the drivers side with my key and with the switch. I can only manually lock and unlock the door. Everything on the switch works but that. My keyless key works on every door but the driver side now. Not sure if there's an issue with the switch that was installed.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Not sure what is that
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 05
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I broken a window button on the door switch. I ordered a new door switch and just installed it now myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I did. Not sure why only the driver side door lock will only work manually now
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • What model car is this?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, I'm unable to see your response. It shows for only 2 seconds then comes to this page. So I don't have enough time to read what you wrote. I keep going back to open it up new but it keeps doing the samething. Do they expect you to be a speed readers on here haha. If you don't mind to repeat what you wrote again here. I'm not a mechanic, nor know much about cars but this looked like an easy fix till my door lock won't work with my remote key now nor with the new door switch but on the door switch everything else works, all doors and on my remote key everything else works all doors but driverside. It's so weird. Thanks for any input. Lisa

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • What model car is this?
  • I will report the viewing issue as well
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's a 05 chrysler pacifica

At the drivers door module, monitor the tan/white and tan/light green wires for power on one and ground on the other while still plugged and when commanding the locks to work. If you get this signal then it is a faulty door lock motor.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I haven't been able to test the wires yet, I've been busy with work. Once I get the door panel off how am I suppose to check them for power. And if the power is working correctly what do I check next before I put the panel back on again. Thanks

You can check for the signal power on one wire and ground on the other using a volt meter or test light. If your getting those when commanding lock then unlock then replace the door lock actuator.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok this weekend when I'm off I'll do that because using the key to open and lock my door after so many years of using a keyless entry, it's quite annoying.

Super