Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Here is my situation, I have a 2004 Chrysler pacifica, and

Customer Question

hi brad . here is my situation, I have a 2004 Chrysler pacifica , and the AC fan is puts some air out ( cool air is comeing out ) , but as you drive it the amount of air coming out fades till there is none. then if I turn it all off for a while the air flow will return again for a while . do you think it is the ac fan control head , or the fan moteor resistor under the glove box?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: oh I'm soryy pearl
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: hi yes. well I actually replaced the resistor resently and the control head too a while back.. all function in the control head work Except the fan speed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: hi no . just trying to decide if I should try and replace the resistor agin ( it came form a junked car on ebay)
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. So just to get a picture of this , you stated that it blows good until you start driving right? a couple questions if I may. will it stay blowing cold with engine not running? does it have to be moving or just engine running sitting still? Do you have any other accessaries on when this happens?do you have auto climatic control or manual ?