Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

It makes a loud clicking noise when I start it and the

Customer Question

It makes a loud clicking noise when I start it and the heater is not working
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: I haven't I will do that now
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: Touring
JA: What year is your Touring?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have my uncle taking a look last year I had a part replaced when it 1st started with the noise but I can't remember what part it was
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is the clicking coming from within the dash?

Is this a Sebring?

Does the blower work on all speeds as well as changing the air flow direction as well as the AC but no heat?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is a 2010 sebring the clicking does sound like its coming from the dash the blower works on all speeds but it only blows cold air

Thanks,

This looks to be your blend door actuator to blame here. Below is a link to the replacement steps.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/blend.pdf

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris