Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

I have just replaced all 4 pressure sensors in the tires and

Customer Question

I have just replaced all 4 pressure sensors in the tires and now I need to reset the light so it goes off and supposedly there is a special tool to do this but nobody seems to have the tool. Where do I go to get the tool or where can I go to have this done. My zip is 93004
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

did you try firestone ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

that have a TPMS tool hand held to read and store all 4 of the sensors then connect it to your aldl connector then download them into the module and then drive it for 25 miles it should learn and reset and the light should go off

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No Firestone dealers in the 93004 area code area apparently has the equipment nor any solution. The free Firestone Chat room said to go to Simi Valley Dodge and they in fact had two answers to resolve the problem. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. if the sensors are new and different to the vehicle then you need a scanner to access the tps system and the stored sensor numbers , there each new sensor number has to be programed into the ECU or the light will stay on because the Ecu does not recognize the signal coming from the tire sensors. If the shop that installed the sensors did not record the numbers stamped on each sensor that needs to be programed into the ECU then they need to use a hand held TPS tool to retrieve the codes off each sensor. there is no other way of doing this my friend, hope this helps solve your problem and if you require further assistance I;ll be happy to do so.