Pedro Goncalves
Pedro Goncalves,
Experience:  Licensed Master/Hybrid Technician at Mendes Motors

Help! Im visiting a friend and my top has just stopped

Customer Question

Josh! Help! Im visiting a friend and my top has just stopped working! This is the first time this has happened! It retracted into the trunk just fine, then stopped before the trunk could close completely. It was just up in the air. Message on screen reads "top fail"! I found on ehow to press top up 5 times rapidly to bypass this problem; roof closed, but trunk still stuck in the retracting position! I have an 09! What do I do?!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 1 month ago.

Hi, what kind of chrysler do you have, I will do my best to help

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much! It's a 2009 Sebring. Im guessing the base model. There are no additional letters on the back.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My dash is now alternating between the words "deck" and "top".
Expert:  Pedro Goncalves replied 1 month ago.
Have you checked your owners manual? Usually they have what to do in that situation. Alternatively, you can always call a Chrysler dealer, they might provide you with the best information and might even tell you a solution by the phone. Another thing you should check before all that, is to check all fuses. I hope I gave helpful information. Thank you