Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My wipers and turn signals don't work. My exterior lights go

Customer Question

My wipers and turn signals don't work. My exterior lights go on and off. So, my husband ordered new wiper knob and turn signal knob. Still having same problems. I also replaced my battery.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: let me ask him.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2008 Chrysler sebring
JA: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The only main wiring goes to the turn signal stalk then wires daisy chain to wiper stalk.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Here is what I have tried.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Chris,This is what I have done so far;1. Checked all fuses (under hood)
2. Replaced both the Turn Signal MFS and Wiper Switch
3. Replaced wire between the Turn signal sw and Wiper sw. (Checked each pin for continuity)

Can I get the engine size and the trim level of your vehicle?

Sedan, coupe, convertible?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a 2008 sebring, sedan, 2.4 lt

This is a over complicated system. Turn signals, the switch tells the steering control module to communicate with the instrument cluster, then the instrument cluster communicates with the totally integrated power module TIPM, then the TIPM sends pulsing power to the turn signal bulbs. The wiper switch works just about the same. So that means we can not diagnose this with a volt meter. We need a scan tool that can look into modules to see what signals are being sent and received. Do you have a scan tool or know someone with one? Which exterior lights are flashing?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not have a scan tool. I took it to auto zone and they said the scan tool would only read Check Engine light codes.

You are correct, they can only access engine related issues. A more sophisticated scan tool is needed to diagnose the issue you are having.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris