Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

My 2002 Chrysler concorde LXI overheat in 15 minute but I

Customer Question

My 2002 Chrysler concorde LXI overheat in 15 minute but I see no steam.when I turn on the heat the temp gauge goes between the 3rd and four line next to the hot line but it starts right up.Just had the oil change also.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like you just have a bad engine coolant temperature sensor. You can test the sensor with a multi-meter if you have access to one. Do you plan to repair this yourself?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a the shop now
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Oh ok. Testing the sensor is fairly straightforward, especially if the shop has a scan tool. You can use the scan tool to access the signal from the temperature sensor and then compare that with either a laser thermometer or by testing the resistance across the posts of the sensor. If the reading from the sensor on the scan tool is high and the engine isn't hot, and/of the resistance at the sensor is less than 800 ohms and the engine isn't hot then you know the sensor is bad.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Is the shop having a hard time finding the problem?