Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

I have at PT Cruiser and the Air bag light came on and now

Customer Question

I have at PT Cruiser and the Air bag light came on and now the windows will not go up or down and the ac is not working, is it a fuse?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Does your cluster show the miles or does it have a message where the miles should be?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The mileage is showing and no I have no e\test equipment. I am 66 Years old and the is my only car. It is 106 out side right now and I relay on this car of everthing, so any information will be of help.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

Do you have a test light? If you have a test light check fuses 5, 7 and 16 for power on both sides. Looks like it could be fuse number 16 on the lower left (drivers side) fuse box inside car.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks I will check that and If it isn't, I will have to drive to town and get it to a shop. Thank you
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

Start with checking fuse 16. Other wise it is very likely your ignition switch has failed. With no test equipment I cannot confirm this though.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

I have tried to assist you in good faith. I am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if you think you need something else before you can give me a positive rating. Thanks for your understanding.