Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Town and country with p000a and p0017 codes. Replaced cam

Customer Question

Town and country with p000a and p0017 codes. Replaced cam sensors, crankshaft sensor Ann's speak plugs, also oil change. Any more suggestions?
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: little bit
JA: What year is your Town And Country?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Town and country with p000a and p0017 codes. Replaced cam sensors, crankshaft sensor Ann's speak plugs, also oil change. Any more suggestions?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

What size engine and mileage please.

Do you have a volt meter? We need to make sure the sensors are getting the correct voltage

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
3.6L. Have a volt meter.and 145k.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

With the key on and the engine off can you check the voltage at the brown wire with yellow strip on both cam sensors?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

Have you ever had a timing chain replaced?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll check the voltage...haven't had the timing chain done.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

The p0017 is likely caused by a timing chain tensioner wearing. If this is the case the timing chain will require service.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
All sensors have good voltage across connections.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

It is beginning to sound like your timing chain is going to require service.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.