Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

I had the dignostic codes for my 2001 pt cruiser and now I

Customer Question

I had the dignostic codes for my 2001 pt cruiser and now I cant find them. Think some one took them when it was being serviced cant prove it so how can I get them again.
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: Its the codes that come up on the mileage in the dash
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes The battery cables got caroded and now the locks don't work, by remote or the switch in the door panel. Changed battery in remote still nothing.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

OBTAINING DTC'S USING IGNITION KEY

1. Cycle the ignition key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON within 5 seconds .
  2. The odometer will show the P-code for the DTC code number. Refer to the DTC chart for a detailed explanation of the DTC codes.
  3. If no DTC's are present, the cluster will display one of two texts: "P1684" and "done" or only "done".
    • "P1684" is only a status and indicates that the PCM memory has been cleared within the last 50 ignition cycles and does not indicate a problem.
    • "done" indicates that NO DTCs are present and the procedure is complete.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Expert:  Jerry replied 7 months ago.

Did you get that? Are there any codes/problems?