Cary York
Cary York,
Experience:  Auto Tech at Certified Auto Repair

I have a PT cruiser, the battery went flat so i charged it,

Customer Question

i have a PT cruiser, the battery went flat so i charged it, but now i wont start, then enginge cranks and sounds like i wants to start, but it wont.
JA: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?
Customer: Yes the fuel is Ok, and the engine worked ok before the battery went dead så idont think its the sparkplugs.
JA: What year is your PT Cruiser?
Customer: well its my wifes car, i think its a 2005.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i connected a ODBii reader and i dint find any fault codes that can be related to this. Now i have disconected the battery to hope to reset the computer. my fear i that some computer was damaged when i charged the battery.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i have checked that all the electrical wires that i se is connected and not damaged, and i have checked all the fuses.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

Doe the engine speed sound normal when it is turning over?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it sounds like ignition but as soon as it tries to fire up it fails. almost like its not getting enough fuel
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Is there a security or theft light on the dash that may be flashing when you try and start the engine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No there is no theft protection at that car,
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

You said earlier you were afraid you damaged the ECM/PCM. Is there something that happened that made you believe that could be the problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No i just heard that i could happen when you jump start a car, when i connect the ODB ii instrument it communicates with the car.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
could it be the Cam sensor och the crank sensor?
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Yes it could. But I would remove duct going from the air cleaner to the engine and try and spray something like throttle body cleaner into the intake and see if it starts and runs for a second. If it is fuel then it should start and run for just a second or two. I'm looking at something else. Be right back.

Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Whats the eight digit of the VIN#?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I found the error, it was a bad connection to the airtemp sensor, so when i changed the wire and it popped to live again. Thanks for the help.
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for letting us know.

Remember if you rate me we can still continue to discussion.