sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Last night when I turn the engine off (Chrysler Sebring

Customer Question

Hi! Last night when I turn the engine off (Chrysler Sebring convertible 2002) there was a clicking sound coming from behind the steering wheel. When I remove the key the clicking persists but if I leave the key in and turn it all the way the clicking sound stops. Any idea or suggestion?
JA: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet. I wanted to know first what the cause could be in order to make an educated decision.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: We have just brought the car to a Chrysler dealer to make an extra key and remote entry copy.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

BAsed on the description I believe the noise may be coming from the recirculation door actuator on the heater box. If the door is bound up or actuator has failed it will cause what you're describing.

From the other side of the car can you see if the noise is actually coming from behind the glovebox area?