Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

I have a 2002 PT Crusier 6o,ooo miles mint condition never

Customer Question

I have a 2002 PT Crusier 6o,ooo miles mint condition never driven in winter.
Brakes constantaly squeek, since I have had it. Have had new brakes at least 2 times. Help''.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

The brakes and caliper will shift some when you go around a turn, or go straight. That will sometimes make the noise(s) stop.

The thing with brake noises is that you want to first start with a good reputable brand of brake pads. Then, make sure that the rotors are not glazed and they are smooth and true. Then clean all the brake dust from around the caliper and bracket, also the spindle. Even the new rotors.

….

A lot of technicians replace the old brakes and do a fine job but most times fail to clean the surface and surrounding areas. I personally use brake cleaner all around the areas because the brake dust gets impregnated into the new pads causing them to glaze, then after a few miles they glaze the rotors, causing a squeal.

..

They recommend using soap and warm water even after the rotor has been turned and on new ones. Then blow it all off with compressed air. I clean the inside of the back of the wheel as well. Then lubricate the pins and where the pads slide on the bracket.

..

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.

Thanks and come again, anytime.

.