tracer5, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, L1, Shop Owner, Foreign and Domestic

Airbag light comes on and off on bumby roads and turns. Just

Customer Question

Airbag light comes on and off on bumby roads and turns. Just wondering if its safe to drive? Plan on making a*****trip
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2014 Town and Country
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Will take to be repaired but need to know if it is ok to drive for a out of state trip . Checked latches on seat is all I have done
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't know of anything. Van has 47,000 miles. Just want to know if air bags will deploy unexpectedly.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  tracer5 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, although i would need a trouble code that has been set,,t at is done by a scanner or most parts stores cab scan and give you trouble codes for free,They then tell you what the code means, now to answer you? you are 100% fine to drive the vehicle, It is not possible for airbags to deploy, The system just does not work like that so,, feell free to drive as much as you want with no worries except....99% of the time when airbag light come on? the restarint system will NOT work if invloved in an accident. The system is disabled when the computer detects a problem, No way for me to say where problem is without the code now set, Wish I could but again, you are fine to drive as you want. Its safe