Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

I had my 2007 Pacifica for a time and today I was going

Customer Question

I had my 2007 Pacifica for a long time and today I was going several places and when I stopped at one place, put it in park ,not shutting the car off and when I went to drive away 5 minutes later ,it wouldn't shift out of park
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: Brake light work, I removed and disconnected the brake light switch, same thing, I finally removed the shift cover assembly and fiddled around until I got it to go into gear, Now I see that the pink button is a sort of override I got home ,put it in park and wont shift out of P again.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, That's why I researching this, I lierally just got home 15 minutes ago.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I am just looking to troubleshoot this properly so that I am not spending a fortune just throwing parts at it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David allow me a few moments to look up some info on your vehicle. thanks

Unfortunately you will have to remove the entire shifter assembly from the hump. open it up and replace the interlock mechanism. a common failure on chrysler vehicles. It comes with a small spring and a plastic piece. It cost less then 8 bucks from the dealer. It is the same part that goes in the pacifica other chryslers . It's just a faulty 10 cent piece of plastic. What happens is on the plastic piece is a little hook that the spring connects too and over time it wears out and breaks. The spring flys off and makes it so the shifter can not come out of park.

here the part number of the interlock lever 68088259AB.