sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have a 2008 pt cruiser. it has 44,000 miles on it. i feel

Customer Question

i have a 2008 pt cruiser. it has 44,000 miles on it. i feel a vibration when i get up around 40 mph and it seems to sound louder from the front. although i will roll down my window and not hear it from the outside. the wheels do not chimmy or shake. i had some shaking in the steering wheel awhile back but it was seldom and did not last long. tires are good and no knots or seperation of tread. any idea?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I believe you're describing wheel bearing noise. If there is something you can both feel and hear and it increases with vehicle speed then wheel bearing noise is very likely.

Are you hearing a growling type noise?

Does the noise change or come and go when you turn?