Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

07 pt cruiser had the timing belt replaced, it starts and

Customer Question

07 pt cruiser had the timing belt replaced , it starts and idles but as soon as i put it in gear cuts off. if i rev engine it will go in gear and move but i the second i take foot off gas it cuts off again . mechanic said he didnt do anything wrong but doesnt know the problem is can yom help
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

A scan tool will show about 16 degrees for cam/crank angle if cam timing is off one tooth on the crank sprocket. Check the engine vacuum at idle, it should run 18-19". Check the compression, it should do 160-180 lbs. It can be out of time or the cam sprockets dowel pin can be sheared and to blame for this idle concern. If all these tests are fine then clean the throttle body and replace the idle air control calve.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris