sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Lift gate is not opening, 2008 aspen, Yes. I opened small

Customer Question

Lift gate is not opening
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2008 aspen
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I opened small panel where electronic lift gate latch is and found a lever that pushes down but door still does not open
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It just beeps when I push the fob button or button on console or try to manually do it from outside
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes it is ok
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if the latch has failed and will need to be replaced. It's possible that something foreign could be closed in the liftgate and is preventing it from opening, or there could be a liftgate or striker adjustment issue. Were you having any problems leading up to it not opening at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No prvious problems. I finally go it open using combination of lever and back door sterile handle lever and pushing out as bad as I cold. The patch twelfth for gritty and didn't seem to sit properly. I oiled t up and slid it back and forth and now it is working fine after several attempts.

I'm having trouble deciphering your post but I see that you've forced it open and it is working temporarily again after lubricating it. That does indicate the problem was with the latch.