sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

What would intermittently cause my 2008 PT Cruiser to...when

Customer Question

What would intermittently cause my 2008 PT Cruiser to...when making a left hand turn, cause my dash warning lights to go on and then go off once and stall the vehicle and when I give it the gas, would be okay?
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Chrysler Mechanic for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: please send the response to my personal email address:***@******.***
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I brought it to my mechanic and they are not sure. It doesn't happen all the time...just every once in a while, but its scary.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Basically, that's it....and it only happens on a LEFT HAND TURN.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that could cause the symptoms you're describing and it will most likely take some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to know for sure what is going on. The fact that it appears to only hapen on a left turn make a wiring issue likely. If a wire is rubbing through to ground or shorting to another circuit, or there is a break in a wire opening up that only happens on left turns that would explain it.

Do you know what fault codes are setting?