Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

For a time now my P T cruiser 2010 has jerked and tried to

Customer Question

For a long time now my P T cruiser 2010 has jerked and tried to cut off if idling with A/C on, turn off a/c, no problem. Someone said a/c has it's own fan and it may not be working. AnyI advice?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. It is a failed radiator fan which is causing the ac condenser to get too hot. This in turn csuses super high pressures on the compressor which puts a higher load on the engine. Then you have the rough stall condition. Have the radiator fan module motor assembly replaced. I am 99.9% that this will fix it.Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.
I hope that this information is helpful and if so would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you!Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
even if just starting out in a m with car still cold?
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Yes as long as the A C is on, it does not matter if the temp outside is cold or warm. When the AC is on, that fan needs to be running to pull air through the radiator and condenser.

Chris