Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

We just replaced auto gearbox / transmission in 2009

Customer Question

We just replaced auto gearbox / transmission in 2009 Chrysler 3.5 v 6 but it only goes into second gear and reverse won't go up the gears
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 month ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

If it is stuck in 2nd it means that the transmission is in "Limp In" mode. What must be done at this point is to have the vehicle scanned for codes. You need to have it scanned with a scanner that is capable of communicating with the TCM (Transmission Control Module). If you can have it scanned, post all codes retrieved here and I'll help you get it fixed...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,