Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

Battery 11.5 to 12 vdc 12.3 driving, radio is blinking with

Customer Question

battery 11.5 to 12 vdc 12.3 driving, radio is blinking with no sound, battery light is coming on
JA: Have you tested the battery? Have you tried testing the alternator?
Customer: just started tonight, hot weather with AC on 1998 t&c
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: put meter on battery and system below 12. with and without idle
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: radio is turning on and off
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Sounds like the charging system is not working. At this time, it is recommended to scan for codes. The best thing to do at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can have these Codes read for FREE at your local auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.

Keep me posted...

Thank you,