Joshua Haynes
Joshua Haynes,
Experience:  Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care
93804480

I got gas, I thought that I tighten the cap enough, but I

Customer Question

I got gas, I thought that I tighten the cap enough, but I didn't. I drove the car 4 days, no problem. Next morning, I cranked the car, it ran for a short moment, it cut off. Next day, I took it for a test drive, it cut off , this happened several times and thank God that I was able to get the car home. The malfunction light comes on when I start the car, I'm also smelling gas. I will appreciate your kindness to help me
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No, I am a female?
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Chrysler Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2006 300 Touring
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, just discussed the issue with different repair shops
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. It sounds like your problem is not related to your fuel cap, but rather a fuel leak. unfortunately, my advice will be to take it to a local repair shop and have them check for a fuel leak. usually, fuel leaks are very easy to detect, but are very dangerous and should be dealt with as early as possible. If you have a choice and don't regularly deal with a mechanic already, I would suggest dealing with a shop that is part of a national chain such as Merchant's Tire, Precision Tune Auto, Midas or Meineke. This will ensure that you have a recourse (corporate office) in the event that you feel that you are being taken advantage of. I hope this helps and I hope you get this resolved quickly (and safely!)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you so much for your advice.
May God bless you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is our conversation $5 or $11?

And you as well! As far as the cost I am not sure. I am not involved in the billing just the answering. I would, however, appreciate a positive rating if you were pleased with my service.

Hi, this is Josh checking in to see if you have any other questions. I haven't heard from you since yesterday and I assume that you have decided to take it to a shop. If you need anything else at all, please don't hesitate to ask...otherwise I would really appreciate a positive rating!

Hi, it's Josh checking in on your car. Please let me know if you are still in need of help.

Expert:  Joshua Haynes replied 7 months ago.

Hi, this is Josh checking in to remind you to please rate my service. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!