Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

I have a 2013 Chrysler 200 Touring, when I put shifter in

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Chrysler 200 Touring, when I put shifter in reverse position with brakes applied I can feel a shudder, when I release brakes it gets better but does not completely go away. Any ideas?
Thank you
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN and the miles on the odometer so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
DN721741, mileage is 56000, only happens in reverse
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

Is this shuddering like something is vibrating causing the feeling to come into the cabin compartment? Does it change if you press the accelerator in reverse? Does it get louder/more pronounced with you foot pressing the accelerator??

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No as soon as I release brakes it feels almost as normal
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

This sounds like a possible brake shudder. Can you make the shuddering change by the amount of pressure that you apply to the brake pedal? Is the vehicle moving ever so slightly when this shuddering is happening?