Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Daryl, I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica and I had put a

Customer Question

Hello Daryl,
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: I have a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica and I had put a universal oil plug because my oil plug had stripped. The brass oil plug had broken off and the brass fly nut that goes to the universal oil plug broken inside the oil pan and I just have the screw.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: I was changing the oil and that's when the universal oil plug broke off inside.
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying but how can I remove the pieces of brass inside of the oil pan with out pulling off the oil pan?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just need to know how to remove the pieces with out pulling the oil pan
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, while its not great to have any debris in the bottom of the oil pan, the oil tube pick up has a screen on it that prohibits any debris from being recycled into the engine. However it should be advised to remove the debris.

There is no other way to remove the debris other than removing the oil pan...

im sure thats not the answer you wanted to hear, but its the only way. please rate my service as its the only way i get credit for my assistance. thank you and have a nice evening

Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 3 months ago.

Did you need further?
Drain the Oil & use a thin stiff wire bent to 45 degrees to try to remove debris
Otherwise, let me know & I can post the Oil Pan Removal procedures