Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I'm currently get P2314, P2320, P2323 (cylinder 5,7,8)

Customer Question

I'm currently get P2314, P2320, P2323 (cylinder 5,7,8) trouble codes. I experience lack of power and a really rough and low idle. I replaced plugs and wires and checked coils. My fuel injectors dont work on 5 and 8 cylinders, probed all three coil connectors and compared to the other five there is something wrong. On the five I have a sold red on the right side and a pulsing green and the left. One the 3 others it's red on the right and a dim sold green on the left. I'm thinking it's a short of some sort. By the way this all started after coil pack 5 heated up and ozzed out the back
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

what model 05 Chrysler 5.7 , please thank you

Check the wiring harness coming to injector ,

Check the pcm connector , unplugged it and reconnect

You definitely have a short with a dimming solid green light on coils but is it the wiring to coils or the pcm itself

did you do a wiggle test

what is the mileage ?

did you inspect the area where the coil has melted ?

The fault code P2314

Set Condition If PCM detects that the secondary ignition burn time is incorrect, too short, or not present, an error is detected. One Trip Fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL. Possible Causes - (K343) ASD RELAY OUTPUT 2 CIRCUIT - (K16) COIL CONTROL NO.5 CIRCUIT OPEN - (K16) COIL CONTROL NO.5 CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND - SPARK PLUG COIL ON PLUG - PCM