Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2008 dodge ram 3500 6.7 diesel turbo 6 speed manual very

Customer Question

2008 dodge ram 3500 6.7 diesel turbo 6 speed manual very hard to get in gear changed cluch master cylinder because peddel went to floor and stayed their , then it came back with afew pumps. changing the cylinder made it worse. their is no air in the system. seems to move forward slitey when starting with cluch in and in gear.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** sure you have all the air out of the system? How did you bleed it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had a shop bleed it with a reverse vacume tool
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

these do not have a bleeder screw on the slaves, how did they reverse bleed it????

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They had a air powered vacume tool
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

from the factory, the master and slave come as one unit and it is a sealed unit, you can buy the master cylinder seperate from the parts stores, but the slave and master have to bench bled before installing it, it cannot be bled while on the car,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't understand why please explain why. the mechanic bleed it from the master cylinder with a reverse vacume gun and I watched the air come out.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

that will not get all the air out, there will still be air in the slave cylinder, the slave and masrer and the line going between them have to come out in one piece, and then put the master in a vise and let the slave sit on the floor, then manually pump the piston in the maser in and out about a half inch, repeat his until no bubbles come out the mster and then let it sit for 10 minutes, then repeat as neccessary , then reinstall the master and slave, this is the only way to get the air out,Tim

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This was no help thanks for your time
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

Did you bleed it like I said too? did you take the master and slave off and bleed it on the bench?