sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2015 Chrysler Town and Country Touring flex fuel

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Chrysler Town and Country Touring flex fuel mini van. My engine light came on so I went by O'Riellys to see what the code was. It said my thermostat was stuck open. We replaced the thermostat and it is still over heating.....been fighting it for a week. Took her back to run the code again...now says that the thermostat is to small (not those exact words but anyway). Look at my receipt when I get home and it says a 2012 Chrysler town and country thermostat. Is it likely that we have the wrong part and that is what is causing issues?
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Yes we did. No leaks and we put 50/50 in for coolant like suggested
JA: Are you fixing your Town And Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: when it shows she is overheated it says core temp is 240 but oil temp is like 135. Just changed the thermostat
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible that you could have a bad thermostat or the continued overheating could be due to air not being properly bled from the cooling system. I've seen too many problems with aftermarket thermostats to consider them, it's very possible you have a bad or incorrect thermostat.

How many miles are on your van?