Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified

It starts sometimes and runs but if you cut it off it starts

Customer Question

It starts sometimes and runs but if you cut it off it starts back up and then cuts off by its self . It then start again and cuts off it will do this for about three times, but after the third time you turn the key everything comes on but it won't turn over. All lights everything works but it won't turn over. If you wait a while it will do this cycle again sometimes a short while sometimes longer.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Yes you can turn the key . Buttons missing from the remote but it has been that way for a long time.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2007 300
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked the starter ,checked the starter relay disconnected the battery for awhile to see is it is a security problem.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Good battery everything comes on .you can shift the gears and turn the steering wheel.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Is there a "Red Dot" illuminated on the instrument cluster when this happens? Do you have a second key that you can try when this happens?

Can you post the last 8 digits of the VIN and the miles on the odometer so that I can do some research on this concern for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is a red dot on the dash .it has about 170 on it and the vintage is 7H766105
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

The red dot is for the Immobilizer System. If it is on or flashing when you turn the ignition on, it means that there is an issue with the Immobilizer. If this happens with all keys that you are using then it means that there is a failure with this system. To find out what the problem is you need to have it scanned with the correct scanner. A High end scanner or a FACTORY scanner is needed to be able to scan the Immobilizer. From past experience the most common cause is a failure of the WCM module (Wireless Control Module). When this is replaced it MUST be programmed and all keys must be programmed at that time..

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Expert:  Robert R replied 2 months ago.

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >>> My Profile Page <<< in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.