sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Chrysler 300M Special, 2004 (year) starts fine, but

Customer Question

Chrysler 300M Special, 2004 (year) starts fine, but occasionally if I stop somewhere then get back in to drive it will not start. It turns over but I have to wait anywhere between 10-30 minutes for it to start again. It is happening more often. Someone suggested the Cramshaft Position sensor, does this make sense. I am female so have no idea. Any help from you is appreciated since I will be taking it to the shop and don't want to get taken.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, sorry you are having issues. when a crankshaft positon sensor is going bad, it will exhibit these exact symptons. Is the check engine light on?

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The most common cause of a hard restart when hot on this vehicle is vapor lock due to a weak fuel pump check valve. A weak check valve will allow fuel to push back out of the fuel rail due to elevated pressure from underhood heat after the engine is shut off.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a code reader or scan tool to see if any fault codes are setting. Have you checked for codes?